Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 186082
pirut usability feedback
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:27 EST
Description of problem:
* How about changing the mouse cursor to a hour glass during
the searching to give the user a better visual indication
that searching is still in progress?
* The searching is slow.
* Shouldn't the window title and the About box at least also
mention the name "Pirut"? Both are currently set to "Package Manager".
* When I start pirut from gnome-terminal in starts in the background
without focus (the same happens with pup).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
* Visual indication that the package search did not turn up any
* Do not exit the application after installing packages. Maybe the
user wants to install some more packages?
* Dependency resolving is very slow. And during the process the
application event loop sometimes doesn't seem to process any
window refresh events for a couple of seconds. -> Application
looks very unresponsive.
> * When I start pirut from gnome-terminal in starts in the background
> without focus (the same happens with pup).
Just FYI, this atleast is a metacity "feature" and nothing to do with Pirut.
There is another bug open in our bugzilla to turn this off.
One more thing to the list of annoyances:
* When one clicks the Search button, the text field should become active
automatically. Now it doesn't, and one has to click on it before being able to
Please dont mix multiple issues in a single report. Every independent issue
requires a seperate report. You can post to fedora-devel list for discussions.
The issues here that aren't addressed by other bugs that can be handled are
fixed in CVS. If you have further things in pirut-1.1.13 or later, please file
them as independent reports.