Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 186738
nautilus displays that growisofs is missing when I try to burn a dvd image (e.g. the fedora dvd image)
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:28 EST
Description of problem:
I wanted to create a dvd using nautilus. After doing some calculations nautilus
pops up a message saying that there was an error executing the command
growisofs. This program is not installed. I couldn't find it in the available
packages. I searched using the grafical software installer of fc5 searching for
isofs, but I couldn't find it.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. insert a blank dvd in the drive
2. doubleclick on the icon which was created for the blank cd on the desktop
=> this opens a nautilus window for the blank dvd
3. open another nautilus window drag two dirs on the first nautilus window
which repesents the blank dvd
4. click on "Auf CD/DVD schreiben" (write on CD/DVD)
1. open a nautilus window containing a dir with a DVD image
2. right click on the DVD-image (iso image)
3. select write to DVD
please note that the data I wanted to write indeed would have fit on a dvd. In
the case of the dvd image it succeeded when I used gcombust. It was a fedora
core 5 dvd and works great :o)
dvd is not created because of the missing growisofs
Is it possible to maintain the dependencies of nautilus so that growisofs is
installed always when nautilus is installed?
Can you tell me in which package growisofs is contained in and where i can find
it. I already tried yum provides but without any result :o(
Should be in dvd+rw-tools
ok thank you now it works.
Added dependency in nautilus-cd-burner 2.15.7-2.