Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 186932
Using IE with RHN causes "Security Information" dialog to appear
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:40:45 EDT
Description of problem:
Browsing ANY RHN page with IE, causes the Security Information dialog
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Using an box with IE, browse to https://rhn.redhat.com
2. Security Information box is displayed
3. Click Yes to proceed
4. For every subsequent page, repeat steps 2 and 3.
Security Information box is displayed
Security Information box SHOULD NOT be displayed
The omniture code makes calls to http://www.redhat.com, instead of https.
It should be sufficient to hard code https since rhn forces HTTPS for all
sample urls: http://www.redhat.com/j/rh_omni_footer.js
Created attachment 126829 [details]
Attachment contains the error dialog from ie.
Changed the references to omniture scripts from http to https. Tested the same
on webdev using IE. No warnings found.
this should have been ON_QA after several qa pushes.
this bug passes in webqa
*** Bug 186089 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
fails in stage
1) Can you throw some light on the environment difference between QA and stage?
2) Can you send me the URL so that i can reproduce the problem?
works in stage, i botched the stage push
all done! Shipped!