Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 187020
X won't change resolutions without restarting
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:28 EST
Description of problem:
When I use an SDL program (such as Nexuiz, Frozen Bubble, Virus Killer, or
Project: Starfighter) it won't correctly switch to a resolution that is lower
than the first value specified in /etc/X11/xorg.conf for fullscreen mode.
Set desired resolution to the first in xorg.conf.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
-Video card: ATI Radeon 9100
-Monitor: Envision EFT 720
Steps to Reproduce:
1. With above hardware, install and run Nexuiz on FC5.
2. Go to Options>Video and right click on Resolution to set it to something lower.
3. Use anything else made with SDL in fullscreen mode.
X stays in the same resolution, but the SDL program is just a rectangle in the
center of the screen the size of the resolution X should be.
X switches to the lower resolution and the SDL program takes up the whole screen.
1. kcmshell display only displays one resolution in the Screen size field.
2. Ctrl Alt +/- don't work.
3. I've tried copying my xorg.conf from FC4, but that didn't change anything.
Created attachment 126874 [details]
I accidently submitted this with the wrong summary >.<
Attach your X server log file.
Created attachment 126920 [details]
My /var/log/Xorg.0.log after attempting to switch resolutions in Nexuiz
It's been over a week. Any news?
Reporter, could you confirm please, that this bug still could be reproduced with
the latest release of Fedora (FC6)?
Sorry I forgot about this bug, I've changed email addresses twice since I opened it.
Anyway, it doesn't persist in FC6.