Description of problem:
When application creates long (300kchar+) log messages to STDOUT, eventually logs stop displaying in admin console.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run application that sends 300k character long log messages
2. Look at pod logs in admin console
3. Look at pod logs in oc logs cli
- Admin console slows down and eventually stops updating within a minute or two.
- oc logs cli shows up-to-the-minute logs
- Able to review logs in admin console
Here's the script I run to trigger this:
# /app/payload is a file with a single 300kchar line
echo "logger test"
I have a simple, facile container image I created to reproduce this bug: quay.io/cwawak/logspewtest
Based on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1874151 the CLI should be working as expected.
Haven't had a chance to look into this. Will address in upcoming sprint.
Created attachment 1717735 [details]
Long Pod logs
1. Create a pod with image quay.io/cwawak/logspewtest
- name: test
2. View pod logs on console, we can see warining message:
Some lines have been abridged because they are exceptionally long.
To view unabridged log content, you can either open the raw file in another window or download it.
Click on `open the raw file in another window` will open a new tab and complete pod logs are shown there.
Click on `download it` will open a download dialog and user can download & save complete pod log
Verified on 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-09-29-170625
sorry, changed assigned back
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 GA Images), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.