Created attachment 1713468 [details]
Description of problem:
Non-compliance: Code editors are used extensively throughout the OCP interface and generally result in keyboard traps when encountered -- there are no keyboard methods for a user to change focus to outside the editor(s) and tabs, escape, and other key sequences appear to be captured by the editor
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Goto YAML editor and keypress tab.
2. Try to change focus to outside the editor i.e. Escape key
There are no keyboard controls for a user to change focus to outside the editor
Should have keyboard controls for a user to change focus to outside the editor
Note: It is possible to tab out, although I don't think it's easily discoverable.
Option-F1 on Mac shows a popup with accessibility help. There must be a similar shortcut on other platforms. I think we just need to advertise this keybinding somehow and we're probably compliant.
Did not have time for further investigation. Will fix next sprint.
Design Story, https://issues.redhat.com/browse/PD-598
Proposed design solution, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1493j-uxJU-lrlOVTZ72MFey4qlk8G3pvW8otWwpR7I8/edit#
1. add 3 shortcuts to the popover: accessibility help, leave editor focus, view all editor shortcuts
2. when 'entering' the editor, show shortcuts for accessibility help and leave editor focus in labels next to the view shortcuts text link and hide the shortcuts once users 'exit' the editor
Did not have time for further investigation. Will fix the next sprint.
Created a story: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/CONSOLE-2468?filter=-2 to rewrite project dropdown component which would fix this issue
1. Goto YAML editor and add some strings, we can see `Accessibility help` shortcut is added, clicking it will open a popover showing help info about accessibility info.
2. 3 shortcuts are added `View all editor shortcuts`, `Accessibility help` and `Toggle Tab action between insert Tab character and move focus out of editor`, pressing Ctrl + Shift + M will toggle between insert Tab and move focus out of editor
I think this implementation is working as expected now.
Verified on 4.8.0-0.nightly-2021-02-18-001523
Created attachment 1757726 [details]
new added shortcuts
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.2 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.