Created attachment 1714074 [details]
Description of problem:
pod logs don't show a last line without a newline character (\n) at the end
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create attached pod.yaml
2. Pod Logs does not show "hello" output
Pod Logs should show the output
We need newer nightly to test the fix, 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-09-29-170625 doesn't include the fix yet
Changing QA Contact to Siva then he can verify the bug when there is new build during Chinese holiday
The pod logs now show the output. Hence moving this bug to verified.
Steps to verify:
1. Create a new project and the create a pod with the pod.yaml attached.
oc create new-project
oc create -f pod.yaml
2. Log in to the web console as kube admin
3. Navigate to PageSideBar>Workloads>Pods
4. Select the created project from the drop down
5. Click on the newly created pod in the page displayed.
6. click on the logs tab
7. Note that the "Hello" output is displayed.
attached the screenshot of the page.
Created attachment 1719311 [details]
Screen shot with pod logs
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 GA Images), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.