Description of poblem:
Authenticate satellite local users(admin) to make PCI compliant with following policies.
Password-related parameters on the affected sampled Red Hat Satellite Application servers do not meet the following PCI requirement:
- Account lockout duration should be set to a minimum of 30 minutes
- Passwords must contain at least eight characters
- Passwords must contain both numeric and alphabetic characters
- Passwords must expire every 90 days
- New passwords cannot be the same as the last four passwords
- The current lockout duration is configured to 5 mins (There is no option to change this time)
- The current password length is not configured
- The current password complexity is not configured
- The current password expiry is not configured
- The current password history is not configured
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Affected Local Accounts:
- newcharter (locally defined admin account)
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and while we recognize that it is a valid request, we do not expect this to be implemented in the product in the foreseeable future. This is due to other priorities for the product, and not a reflection on the request itself. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please do not reopen. Instead, feel free to contact Red Hat Technical Support.
Please consider using LDAP, AD or IDM.