+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1884613 +++
Description of problem:
Normal user cannot create prometheus instances from the web console.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Prometheus Operator from operator hub
2. Login to user account with non cluster-admin access in the project
3. Try to create an instance of prometheus CRD's in the web console (prometheus, servicemonitor, etc.)
4. Blank screen returned
Blank screen returned
It should show prometheus instance information.
The blank screen looks exactly the same from this bugzilla ticket(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1883679)
--- Additional comment from Jon Jackson on 2020-10-02 14:37:48 EDT ---
This is unrelated to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1883679.
This is caused by unresolved $ref properties in the Prometheus swagger definition. Fix pending.
1. cluster admin user subscribe Prometheus Operator to user namespace
2. project admin user logins and create the resources operator had defined, such as Prometheus, Service Monitor, no errors and resources are created successfully
Verified on 4.5.0-0.nightly-2020-11-13-045120
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.5.20 bug fix and golang security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.