Description of problem:
There are multiple issues, between docs and providers, that are resulting in lack of utilization data in the CFME UI for Openstack 16.1 providers.
1. Documentation is out of date for configuring Ceilometer for utilization collection in Openstack 16.
This document references two configuration values for Ceilometer for undercloud and overcloud - CeilometerStoreEvents and store_events (ceilometer.yaml and ceilometer.conf). These configuration values were removed/deprecated in OSP releases prior to 16.
2. Utilization data is not collected for Openstack 16 instances as a cloud provider. The 'Utilization' dropdown is never enabled in the UI.
This is unique to Openstack 16. With both 16 and 13 as cloud providers on an appliance, I can view utilization data for the OSP 13 instances, but not the OSP 16 instances.
I'm not sure what additional services or configuration may need to be applied to OSP 16 to enable storage of metrics data collected by ceilometer.
I'm not sure if this can be resolved by configuration updates on OSP alone, or if updates to the CloudForms source need to be made to work with new metrics storage endpoints.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
188.8.131.52 (and earlier)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add OSP 16 cloud provider
2. Enable CandU roles for the server and cluster/datastore collection for the region
3. Note Utilization dropdown is never enabled for any instances running on the added provider
4. Note with an OSP 13 provider, utilization data is visible (workers are running)
I know we introduced STF for the more recent OpenStack versions, @Andy can you help out here with what configuration is required for OSP 16?