Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 188624
raise_on_click: When selecting documents in OOo with the Window menu, selection not raised.
Last modified: 2014-06-18 05:08:16 EDT
Description of problem:
When raise_on_click is turned off and focus_mode is "sloppy", the selection of
windows in OOo with the Window menu does not work. When you select a window
with this method, the other window receives the focus, but it is not raised to
the top. I don't use other applications that allow you to select the document
in a window menu, so I'm not sure if other applications suffer the same problem.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run gconf-editor, select apps->metacity->general.
2. Click raise_on_click to turn it off.
3. Select System->Preferences->Windows, check "Select windows when mouse moves
4. Run openoffice.org. Open two (or more) documents in OOo.
5. Use the Window menu to select various open documents. The selected documents
are not raised to the top.
6. Uncheck "Select windows when the mouse moves over them" OR select
raise_on_click, and it works as expected.
Focus goes to a window below the top window, but that window is not raised.
Since we're not clicking on a window here, turning off raise_on_click should not
affect the behavior. Nor should the focus_mode affect the behavior. The window
that is selected in the menu should be raised to the top regardless. I suppose
it's possible this is an OOo bug, rather than a metacity bug. It works as
expected with xfwm4, though.
This works correctly for me in rawhide. In any case, this needs to be filed
upstream if it still exists in the latest version.