Bugzilla (bugzilla.redhat.com) will be under maintenance for infrastructure upgrades and will not be available on July 31st between 12:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC. We appreciate your understanding and patience. You can follow status.redhat.com for details.
Bug 1886412 - [Test Day] [Doc] Geo-Rep config option 'special_sync_mode' missing in configurable options table
Summary: [Test Day] [Doc] Geo-Rep config option 'special_sync_mode' missing in configu...
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Gluster Storage
Classification: Red Hat
Component: doc-Administration_Guide
Version: rhgs-3.5
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
high
Target Milestone: ---
: RHGS 3.5.z Batch Update 3
Assignee: Agil Antony
QA Contact: Vinayak Papnoi
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: 1887323
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2020-10-08 12:07 UTC by Vinayak Papnoi
Modified: 2021-01-19 07:23 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2021-01-19 07:23:47 UTC
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Vinayak Papnoi 2020-10-08 12:07:12 UTC
Describe the issue:
-------------------
The config option 'special_sync_mode' for geo-replication is missing from the configurable options table under section 10.4.4.


Suggestions for improvement:
----------------------------
Include config option 'special_sync_mode' in the configurable options table.


Document URL:
-------------
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.5/html-single/administration_guide/index#sect-Configuring_a_Geo-replication_Session


Chapter/Section Number and Title:
---------------------------------

10.4.4. Configuring a Geo-replication Session
Configurable Options


Product Version:
----------------

RHGS 3.5
Environment Details:


Any other versions of this document that also needs this update:

Additional information:

Comment 1 Agil Antony 2021-01-05 10:16:27 UTC
Hi Vinayak, 

Please share the description text for 'special_sync_mode' .


Thanks, 
Agil

Comment 2 Agil Antony 2021-01-07 15:42:07 UTC
@Vinayak

Based on our discussion, here is the draft content:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXqiasuf4WJyNmoNjGGLomj-mYhI473jOOo0_VmTz0o/edit?usp=sharing

Please add your comments/suggestions in the draft. 

Thanks, 
Agil

Comment 3 Vinayak Papnoi 2021-01-07 16:35:13 UTC
(In reply to Agil Antony from comment #2)
> @Vinayak
> 
> Based on our discussion, here is the draft content:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXqiasuf4WJyNmoNjGGLomj-
> mYhI473jOOo0_VmTz0o/edit?usp=sharing
> 
> Please add your comments/suggestions in the draft. 
> 
> Thanks, 
> Agil

Hey Agil,

The google doc looks fine but it's missing the 'recover' sub-option.
Please add "recover - Files are only transferred if they are identified as changed on the slave" under the 'tunables' section.

Comment 4 Agil Antony 2021-01-08 07:02:33 UTC
(In reply to Vinayak Papnoi from comment #3)
> (In reply to Agil Antony from comment #2)
> > @Vinayak
> > 
> > Based on our discussion, here is the draft content:
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXqiasuf4WJyNmoNjGGLomj-
> > mYhI473jOOo0_VmTz0o/edit?usp=sharing
> > 
> > Please add your comments/suggestions in the draft. 
> > 
> > Thanks, 
> > Agil
> 
> Hey Agil,
> 
> The google doc looks fine but it's missing the 'recover' sub-option.
> Please add "recover - Files are only transferred if they are identified as
> changed on the slave" under the 'tunables' section.

Done :)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXqiasuf4WJyNmoNjGGLomj-mYhI473jOOo0_VmTz0o/edit?disco=AAAALDbnTZM

Comment 5 Agil Antony 2021-01-11 08:38:08 UTC
@Vinayak


I have added config option 'special_sync_mode' in the configurable options table.

Chapter/Section Number and Title:
---------------------------------

10.4.4. Configuring a Geo-replication Session
Configurable Options


Product Version:
----------------

RHGS 3.5


doc link: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.5/html-single/administration_guide/index?lb_target=preview#sect-Configuring_a_Geo-replication_Session



Reference
-------------------

draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXqiasuf4WJyNmoNjGGLomj-mYhI473jOOo0_VmTz0o/edit?usp=sharing [add suggestions if any] 




Please update the BZ with your feedback. 

Thanks, 
Agil

Comment 6 Vinayak Papnoi 2021-01-12 07:44:49 UTC
(In reply to Agil Antony from comment #5)
> @Vinayak
> 
> 
> I have added config option 'special_sync_mode' in the configurable options
> table.
> 
> Chapter/Section Number and Title:
> ---------------------------------
> 
> 10.4.4. Configuring a Geo-replication Session
> Configurable Options
> 
> 
> Product Version:
> ----------------
> 
> RHGS 3.5
> 
> 
> doc link:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.5/
> html-single/administration_guide/index?lb_target=preview#sect-
> Configuring_a_Geo-replication_Session
> 
> 
> 
> Reference
> -------------------
> 
> draft:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tXqiasuf4WJyNmoNjGGLomj-
> mYhI473jOOo0_VmTz0o/edit?usp=sharing [add suggestions if any] 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Please update the BZ with your feedback. 
> 
> Thanks, 
> Agil


The link provided contains the required information regarding 'special_sync_mode' config option along with it's tunables.
Moving the bug to VERIFIED.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.