Created attachment 1721423 [details]
install operand form screenshot
Description of problem:
When using the new CSV annotation of "operatorframework.io/initialization-resource", the "Install Operand Form" shown to the user upon subscribing to the operator is displaying the operator's description without markdown formatting, resulting in a very messy and unreadable block of text.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install an operator which implemented the "operatorframework.io/initialization-resource" annotation in its CSV, through OperatorHub UI.
2. On the following screen ("Install Operator"), press "Install" button.
3. The Install Operand Form is shown with unformatted text of the operator's description.
The text is plain, unformatted, unreadable.
The text in this form should be rendered as MarkDown, as it is shown in "Installed Operators > Operator Details" page.
Setting target release to the active development branch (4.7.0). For any fixes, where required and requested, cloned BZs will be created for those release maintenance streams where appropriate once they are identified.
Setting a tentative severity based on description as provided.
This bug appears to be a UI issue, moving to the console team.
Tested on ocp 4.7 with payload 4.7.0-0.nightly-2020-10-27-051128.
1. Install ocs operator with CSV annotation having "operatorframework.io/initialization-resource", and operator description contains special text eg:
description: Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage provides hyperconverged storage for applications within an OpenShift cluster. The following instructions assume you have an existing cluster you can connect to. OpenShift 4.x clusters can be installed using the [OpenShift Installer](https://mirror.openshift.com/pub/openshift-v4/clients/ocp/latest/).You can also use [CodeReady Containers](https://github.com/code-ready/crc) for local installs. More information about installing OpenShift can be found at <https://try.openshift.com/>.
2. Check on installation flow, the texts in description are shown after markdown formatted. Refer to screenshot.
The bug is fixed.
Created attachment 1724740 [details]
Is it possible to backport this fix to a 4.6 z-stream?
Oren I've started the backport process. Please check https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1892259
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.7.0 security, bug fix, and enhancement update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.