Version-Release number of selected component:
cmdline: /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
runlevel: N 5
Thread no. 1 (4 frames)
#5 ipp_free_values at ipp.c:6324
#6 ippDelete at ipp.c:1755
#8 cupsdWriteClient at client.c:2698
#9 cupsdDoSelect at select.c:485
Created attachment 1722556 [details]
Created attachment 1722557 [details]
Created attachment 1722558 [details]
Created attachment 1722559 [details]
Created attachment 1722560 [details]
Created attachment 1722561 [details]
Created attachment 1722562 [details]
Created attachment 1722563 [details]
Created attachment 1722564 [details]
Created attachment 1722565 [details]
Created attachment 1722566 [details]
thank you for reporting the issue!
Are you able to reproduce the issue?
Would you mind telling me steps how to reproduce the issue?
The error seems like a double free - if we can run cupsd in valgrind when SIGABRT is triggered, it can give us more useful info how it really happened, but we need to stop service and socket systemd units connected to CUPS - we need to prevent the communication will go into cupsd which we will monitor via valgrind.
If you are able to reproduce the issue, would you mind doing following steps:
1) $ sudo systemctl stop cups.socket cups.service
2) $ sudo valgrind --leak-check=full --log-file=cupsd-valgrind.log /usr/sbin/cupsd
3) (reproduce the issue)
4) now valgrind process should be finished (after a while), because cupsd got SIGABRT, so it should ended and valgrind should create cupsd-valgrind.log - please attach the log to the ticket as an attachment.
I think it was last week or so. I had a job that didn't print and got stuck in the queue. I could not cancel it, delete it or restart it. Nothing happened. I had to go to settings to restart the printing for that printer as it got "paused" I think. As far as I remember I was printing some specific pages from a PDF document, but as I did so again it (the error) did not repeat itself. Also, I do not know if this is related to that issue or not.
So TL;DR: I don't know how to reproduce the error. :(
Thank you for the info, Emil!
If this is the case, I will close the issue as INSUFFICIENT_DATA for now. If you hit the issue again and you will be able to reproduce, please reopen and do the steps I wrote in comment #12.