Description of problem: When attempting to boot the FC33 install image from a DVD ROM it fails to boot on both a P15 and T14 Lenovo laptop
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add USB CD to device
2. burn ISO to DVD +r disc
3. attempt to boot
Actual results: just returns to boot selection menu
Expected results: should boot to live image
A few questions :)
* Do you mean the system's boot selection menu, or grub?
* Is this a UEFI system and is secure boot on or off? If UEFI with SB on, try booting with it off.
* Can you write the image to a USB Flash drive and boot it that way?
I tried with secure boot on and off, this is a UEFI system, it does not see the DVD as bootable when I select the CD drive it goes off the boot menu and tries then returns back to the menu. I know the drive works as I can boot the Ubuntu 20.04 DVD correctly. If I burn the ISO to a USB key with fedora media writer it works fine.
Thanks for the quick response,
* Do any previous Fedora versions work?
* What does the kernel cmdline on the Ubuntu iso look like?
* Is there anything at all printed when it tries? Sometimes this can go by too fast to read. I've had success using a phone to record a video of it and slow-step through the frames to see if anything helpful is printed.
I have not tried other versions of Fedora
Ubuntu cmdline "/casper/vmlinux file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed maybe-ubiquity quiet splash ---"
It does not get that far it appears to not be recognized as a bootable image so blank screen for several seconds then straight back the the F12 boot menu