Description of problem:
- Enable oauth2 support in mutt for RHEL8
Why does the customer need this?
- Microsoft Office 365 is eliminating basic auth for mail service.
This breaks workflows using RHEL MUAs.
How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- Enable oauth2 support in RHEL8 mail client "mutt".
For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- "mutt" can connect to Exchange/Office 365 mail using oauth2
Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
- not aware of one
Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target?
- The ideal timeline is short, unfortunately. There are indications that Microsoft may push the deadline by a few months, but no commitment yet.
Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
List any affected packages or components.
Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: mutt security, bug fix, and enhancement update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.