+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1891498 +++
Description of problem: in 4.6, we updated the UI to show the progress of Cluster Operators and Master and Worker nodes while an update is in progress; however, we did not account for nodes from other machine config pools.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add an additional machine config pool per https://github.com/openshift/machine-config-operator/blob/master/docs/custom-pools.md#creating-a-custom-pool
2. Kick off a cluster update
3. Note the new custom pool does not indicate its progress
Awaiting cherry-pick approval.
Created attachment 1740196 [details]
additional mcp is shown during upgrade
1. setup 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-12-16-201440 cluster
2. follow steps in https://github.com/openshift/machine-config-operator/blob/master/docs/custom-pools.md#creating-a-custom-pool to create a custom pool
3. trigger an upgrade
$ oc adm upgrade --to 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-12-17-202735 --force
4. check cluster settings page, mcp `Infra Nodes` is shown
Verified on 4.6.0-0.nightly-2020-12-16-201440
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Important: OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.9 security and bug fix update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.