Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1897
Wrong keyboard after upgrade
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:49 EDT
I did an upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9.
When the upgrade was completed and I booted, the Finnish
keyboard didn't work right.
I finally found out that the symlink from
/etc/rc.d/init.d/keytable to /etc/rc3.d/init.d/S75keytable
had been removed during the upgrade.
Also, /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/fi-latin1.map was
And I also had to define the full path to it in
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard, though it wasn't needed with 5.8.
After these three fixes the keyboard finally worked properly
I suppose the path became necessary again when the keymap
was moved from /usr/lib/kbd/keytables to another directory.
I am quite sure I *did* choose fi-latin1 for keyboard in the
beginning of the upgrade..
This was a 5.8 -> 5.9 artifact, and shouldn't affect users moving
from 5.2 to 6.0