Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 189727
Review Request: Scribes
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:31 EST
Spec URL: http://thecodergeek.com/downloads/fedora/scribes.spec
SRPM URL: http://thecodergeek.com/downloads/fedora/scribes-0.2.4.3-1.src.rpm
Description: Scribes is a simple and sleek text editor for the the GNOME desktop. It focuses
on keeping the working environment free from distractions, and providing strong
automation of mundane, repetitive tasks.
Through this simplicity, Scribes is very powerful. Its many features include:
* A dynamic templating system (called Snippets),
* Automatic completion of indentifiers and bracketing,
* Automatic indentation and file saving,
* Drag-and-drop functionality,
* Full support for Unicode (UTF-8) text (and many other encodings),
* Syntax highlighting for over 30 programming languages,
* Powerful GNOME integration
* Translations into several different languages,
...and more are in development!
rpmlint complains about two zero-length files: /usr/share/gnome/help/scribes/C/figures/scribes_status.png and /usr/share/gnome/help/scribes/C/figures/scribes_editing.png. However, this is as it is packaged, and I'm going to talk to Mystileef (its developer) if he's on IRC later about this. Otherwise, this seems harmless.
Updated to 0.2.4.3-2 to include small patch to rid the setup script of the
unnecessary gconf stuff and also to fix some of the spacing inconsistencies in
* Source URL is canonical
* Upstream source tarball verified
* Package name conforms to the Fedora Naming Guidelines
* Group Tag is from the official list
* Buildroot has all required elements
* All paths begin with macros
* Desktop entry is fine
* All directories are owned by this or other packages
* All necessary BuildRequires listed.
* All desired features are enabled
* Builds fine in mock.
* Non-blocker rpmlint errors, that are being addressed upstream:
E: scribes zero-length /usr/share/gnome/help/scribes/C/figures/scribes_status.png
E: scribes zero-length /usr/share/gnome/help/scribes/C/figures/scribes_editing.png
* In your schemas scriptlets you can drop the 'killall -HUP gconfd-2 || :',
since it's no longer needed in FC5 and above.
* Instead of Requires for yelp, you should be using scrollkeeper, and it's
Thanks for the review and suggestions, Brian. I've uploaded and updated version
to address these:
The changes you made looks good, go ahead and import it into FE CVS.
PUBLISH +1, full review in comment #2.
Packages built successfully for Fedora Extras 5 and Devel; and they should be
pushed to the mirrors shortly. Thanks for your time and advice.
Please do not remove the FE-ACCEPT blocker. Thanks.