python-ruamel-yaml-clib fails to build with Python 3.10.0a2.
It is caused by old C code pre-generated from Cython sources.
A fixer is available at: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-ruamel-yaml-clib/pull-request/1
For the build logs, see:
For all our attempts to build python-ruamel-yaml-clib with Python 3.10, see:
Testing and mass rebuild of packages is happening in copr. You can follow these instructions to test locally in mock if your package builds with Python 3.10:
Let us know here if you have any questions.
Python 3.10 will be included in Fedora 35. To make that update smoother, we're building Fedora packages with early pre-releases of Python 3.10.
A build failure prevents us from testing all dependent packages (transitive [Build]Requires), so if this package is required a lot, it's important for us to get it fixed soon.
We'd appreciate help from the people who know this package best, but if you don't want to work on this now, let us know so we can try to work around it on our side.
Since the fonts-rpm-macros require this, I am bumping the severity.
Problem: package fonts-rpm-macros-1:2.0.5-4.fc33.noarch requires python3-ruamel-yaml, but none of the providers can be installed
- package python3-ruamel-yaml-0.16.6-4.fc34.x86_64 requires python3-ruamel-yaml-clib, but none of the providers can be installed
- package python3-ruamel-yaml-0.16.6-4.fc33.x86_64 requires python(abi) = 3.9, but none of the providers can be installed
- package python3-ruamel-yaml-clib-0.1.2-4.fc33.x86_64 requires python(abi) = 3.9, but none of the providers can be installed
- package python3-devel-3.10.0~a2-1.fc34.x86_64 conflicts with python3 < 3.10.0~a2-1.fc34 provided by python3-3.9.0-1.fc34.x86_64
- package python3-devel-3.10.0~a2-1.fc34.x86_64 conflicts with python3 < 3.10.0~a2-1.fc34 provided by python3-3.9.0-1.fc34.i686
- cannot install the best candidate for the job
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 34 development cycle.
Changing version to 34.