freecad fails to build with Python 3.10.0a2.
/Gui/OpenGLImageBox.cpp:906:18: error: aggregate 'QPainterPath textPath' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
906 | QPainterPath textPath;
For the build logs, see:
For all our attempts to build freecad with Python 3.10, see:
Testing and mass rebuild of packages is happening in copr. You can follow these instructions to test locally in mock if your package builds with Python 3.10:
Let us know here if you have any questions.
Python 3.10 will be included in Fedora 35. To make that update smoother, we're building Fedora packages with early pre-releases of Python 3.10.
A build failure prevents us from testing all dependent packages (transitive [Build]Requires), so if this package is required a lot, it's important for us to get it fixed soon.
We'd appreciate help from the people who know this package best, but if you don't want to work on this now, let us know so we can try to work around it on our side.
I have updated to 0.19 prerelease in Rawhide, Please test it and let me know if it works.
The copr build has:
Problem: package python3-pyside2-devel-1:5.15.1-2.fc34.x86_64 requires libpyside2.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.5.15()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package python3-pyside2-1:5.15.1-1.fc34.x86_64 requires libQt5Core.so.5(Qt_5.15.1_PRIVATE_API)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package python3-pyside2-1:5.15.1-2.fc34.x86_64 requires libQt5Core.so.5(Qt_5.15.1_PRIVATE_API)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install both qt5-qtbase-5.15.1-7.fc34.x86_64 and qt5-qtbase-5.15.2-2.fc34.x86_64
- package qt5-qtbase-devel-5.15.2-2.fc34.x86_64 requires libQt5DBus.so.5(Qt_5.15.2_PRIVATE_API)(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- package qt5-qtbase-devel-5.15.2-2.fc34.x86_64 requires qt5-qtbase(x86-64) = 5.15.2-2.fc34, but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install the best candidate for the job
We are rebuilding pyside2 again to see if it helps: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/python/python3.10/package/python-pyside2/
Bah... Even with regular reminders when a new Qt gets built (which has been pretty frequent lately) PySide2 is always forgotten. I'm working on an update to 5.15.2 but ran into an issue and waiting on a response from upstream.
I'm also working on building a 0.19 pre-release build of FreeCAD (Rawhide already done). As 0.18.4 is over a year old this may help with some of the Qt quirks.
Actually, in Fedora, this was fine. But in our copr, we have picked this commit: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-pyside2/c/820bfddaef7f1c4b9055112b7163467566c1acb3?branch=master whcih was built in the f34-kde tag and built it with old Qt. After rebuilding it once again, freecad build runs:
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 34 development cycle.
Changing version to 34.