Description of problem:
The image registry operator should monitor status of routes. When the registry is configured to use a host name that is used by another route, the route controller won't admit the registry route.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a route with spec.host: "foo.bar" in the namespace default.
2. configure the registry to use the same host name:
- hostname: foo.bar
The operator is healthy (Available, not Progressing, not Degraded) and no alerts are firing, but the new route is not admitted by the route controller.
The image registry operator indicates the problem (either via status or via alert).
Verified on 4.8.0-0.nightly-2021-03-01-143026:
1. oc create route edge foo.bar --service=frontend --port=123
2. oc edit configs.imageregistry:
- hostname: foo-default.apps.wxj-c2s32.govcloudemu.devcluster.openshift.com
3. oc describe co image-registry
Message: Degraded: route foo (host foo-default.apps.wxj-c2s32.govcloudemu.devcluster.openshift.com, router default) not admitted: a route in another namespace holds foo-bar-default.apps.wxj-c2s32.govcloudemu.devcluster.openshift.com and is older than foo.bar
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.2 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.