Description of problem:
If I switch to my Bluetooth headset and enable the microphone there, no sounds get's recognized.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connected Bluetooth headset.
2. By default it still uses my internal microphone and Bluetooth only as audio output.
3. As I have pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld installed, it uses the apt X HD codec by default, which is great and okay.
4. Now switch to microphone input from the Bluetooth headset.
1. The audio *output* is still shown as aptX HD, but I can hear it is clearly HSP/HFP this is hearable. Also if I now choose "Test" in the GNOME settings there, it shows me a mono (not stereo) output, evem
* Sometimes it seems to show my audio input (microphone) in the "audio output" bar in the settings, i.e. totally in the wrong section. Does not happen always though. I also could not find out whether this is now the internal microphone or the external (Bluetooth) one.
* The microphone setting in GNOME Settings there is always one red "progress bar partition" (no errors are indicated) instead of the audio/volume recorded. See https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/business4/uploads/askfedora/original/2X/3/357dd8acbf4f6996158f4b8af6b3dc0f85e880a0.png
* When my settings are set to HSP/HFP before switching microphone on, and I *then* switch to "aptX HD" it does **automatically** switch my microphone back from external to internal – as if it noticed an error and wants me to use my internal one. (I can, thozgh, switch it back to external and then see the bug just described.)
* Sometimes when I switch the codecs (especially between low and high quality) it disconnects from the headphones and connects again. (This may be expected though. Dunno.)
* LDAC does not seem to work at all. I can select it in GNOME Settings, however, it I know it has no effect, because if I have selected HSP/HFP) before, I hear no difference and still awful audio.
It should keep aptX HD (that's what this is for – or any codec I use, it also does not work with any other codec) and also allow me
Let me freely choose the external microphone (Bluetooth headset) too.
This worked properly in Fedora 32(!).
The workarounds from bug 1892115 are already applied and do not help:
$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-dmic-WORKAROUND-bug1892115.conf
options snd-rn-pci-acp3x dmic_acpi_check=0
This is the minimal workaround shown in bug 1892115 comment 13 currently that makes the internal microphone work, at least.
* I do have pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld from rpmfusion layered, but IIRC this issue also happened *before* I did so, so I guess it is a bug in here.
* Same as bug 1892115 it may be related to the AMD processor. (AMD® Ryzen 7 4800u with radeon graphics × 16), but – as said – is not solved by that workaround there, at least.
* As said, switching to the internal microphone still does not make that audio output issue disappear. I do need to switch to HSP/HFP at least and back to aptX HD, then it works again.
* Using interal *speakers* and *external* (Bluetooth) microphone, does not make a difference.
Fedora Silverblue 33 ostree://fedora:fedora/33/x86_64/silverblue 33.20201207.0 (2020-12-07T01:04:03Z)
Headset: B&W PX7
IdeaPad 5 15ARE05
Info in: https://paste.dismail.de/?c0839f53ae2e32e5#B1DASaUQL6DcVehY9KxqhP1QS4HuUSg6z7MgZ8pQhZKH
(available for at most a one year)
(Same data as provided for bug 1892115.)
It seems like a pulseaudio bug. Bluetooth audio is handled via PA.
Upstream pending patch for IdeaPad: https://email@example.com/T/#u
(In reply to Jaroslav Kysela from comment #2)
> Upstream pending patch for IdeaPad:
Appologize. It's for the different bug.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 33 is nearing its end of life.
Fedora will stop maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 33 on 2021-11-30.
It is Fedora's policy to close all bug reports from releases that are no longer
maintained. At that time this bug will be closed as EOL if it remains open with a
Fedora 'version' of '33'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version.
Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we were not
able to fix it before Fedora 33 is end of life. If you would still like
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version
of Fedora, you are encouraged change the 'version' to a later Fedora
version prior this bug is closed as described in the policy above.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Fedora 33 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2021-11-30. Fedora 33 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.