An application of Module::ScanDeps is to generate executables from scripts
that contains necessary modules; this module supports two such projects,
PAR and App::Packer. Please see their respective documentations on CPAN
for further information.
*** Bug 190935 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The source URL seems wrong (or at least I can't fetch the upstream source from
there). I could get it from:
which I'll assume is the correct upstream.
The module puts an executable with a .pl extension into bindir. I agree with
Steve that this is a bit ugly but as far as I know it's not a blocker. (My own
denyhosts package drops denyhosts.py into bindir so I can't really complain.)
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written, uses macros consistently and
follows the Perl specfile template.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. It's not included separately in the
package, but this is not necessary as the upstream tarball does not include it.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=1, Tests=20, 2 wallclock secs ( 2.38 cusr + 0.32 csys = 2.70 CPU)
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
APPROVED, but please double check the source URL and fix if necessary.
(In reply to comment #2)
> The source URL seems wrong (or at least I can't fetch the upstream source from
> there). I could get it from:
> which I'll assume is the correct upstream.
I failed to catch the change of the maintainer. I will correct the URL after
importing it. Thanks.
Thanks for the review.
Imported and built for FC-4, FC-5, and devel.
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-Module-ScanDeps
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5
This package is in EPEL5, but not in EPEL6. Is there any reason for that?
I would like to see this package in EPEL6, and I am willing to help co-maintain it.
Nevermind, I just saw it's in the RHEL6 Client repository (I was only looking at the Server one).
Sorry for the spam.