Can we get (or is there) an upstream 0.6.z version of foreman-maintain with this fix in it?
Tested on Satellite 6.8.3 Snap 1
1. # hammer role create --name test_role
2. # hammer filter available-permissions
3. # hammer filter create --role test_role --permission-ids 62,68 (Here id's 62 and 68 are for view_hosts and console_hosts respectively)
4. # hammer filter list --search role=test_role (Check for the role, resource type, and permissions assigned)
5. Change resource type of any permission to test this check -
# sudo su - postgres -c "psql -d foreman -c 'UPDATE permissions SET resource_type = '\''xyz'\'' WHERE name = '\''console_hosts'\'';'"
1. # foreman-maintain health check --label corrupted-roles
The check was able to detect and fix the corrupted-roles along with it also displayed their names as well.
Also, After the resource type is changed so it tries to split the filter while splitting out of 2 only 1 permission was changed so it created a new filter for it, and check that with the command `# hammer filter list --search role=test_role`
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Satellite 6.8.3 Async Bug Fix Update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.