Description of problem:
After installing FC5, I am unable to mount a secondary IDE EXT3 hard drive
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Currently using 2.6.16-1.2111
I've reproduced on two machines.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a secondary IDE drive in the machine with backups of previous data
files from FC4, in this case hanging off of a HPT302 IDE controller card as
2. Install FC5 on two SATA drives (sda & sdb) utilizing RAID1 and LVM for
everything except /boot (std EXT3), / (std RAID1), and /var (std RAID1).
3. After install attempt mounting.
Will not mount unless utilizing a work around.
Should mount without problem as has previously by issuing a std mount command
(mount -t ext3 /dev/hde1 /mnt/bckup_40).
1. Work around is to issue the "partprobe /dev/hde" command. Then, mount
through a loop device.
2. This partition mounts in FC4 and Knoppix on the same machine.
3. The /sys/block/hde/hde1 entry is missing.
4. Attempting to mount the /dev/hde1 partition results in mount returning ENXIO
- "Not a valid block device".
5. Running partprobe will create the /sys/block/hde/hde1 entry, but mounting
still fails with mount returning EBUSY.
Following the upgrade to 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5, this is fixed. I'm not sure what
changed, but it's working.