Let's add support for running a RHEL 9 guest
- new OS type and drop down
- make sure qemu-ga works ok
- especially check of QXL/SPICE console since SPICE is dropped from RHEL 9 )our RHEL8 host will have spice-server, but guest may not have qxl)
From bz 1941324:
Configure, by default, RHEL-9 Desktop/Workstation VMs with virtio-vga (and virtio-gpu) devices.
*** Bug 1941324 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 1791628 [details]
Screenshot from 2021-06-17 02-22-14.png
Created attachment 1791629 [details]
Screenshot from 2021-06-17 02-23-40.png
- new OS type and drop down - Added OK
- icon - Added OK
Tested on ovirt-engine-setup-22.214.171.124-0.3.el8ev.noarch
Verified on RHV 4.4.7-3. All looks good to me.
- Engine instance with RHV 4.4.7-3 (ovirt-engine-126.96.36.199-0.3.el8ev) and RHEL 8.4 installed.
- 3 hosts with RHV 4.4.7-3 and RHEL 8.4, vdsm-188.8.131.52-1.el8ev
- Ran the RHEL based guest image regression on the latest RHEL 9 image with UEFI and BIOS.
Result: All the tests passed.
- Checked that QEMU information was retrieved from the VM and it is displayed properly.
Result: The QEMU information was retrieved from the VM and it is displayed properly.
- Checked that RHEL 9 is listed as an operating systems (Checked Rest and UI).
Result: It appeared in the dropdown when creating/editing VM/Templates and also in the Rest API:
<description>Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.x x64</description>
<description>Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.x</description>
- Checked that the icon for RHEL 9 is set with RHEL's icon.
Result: The OS icon is set and it is RHEL's icon.
This bugzilla is included in oVirt 4.4.7 release, published on July 6th 2021.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in oVirt 4.4.7 release, it has been closed with a resolution of CURRENT RELEASE.
If the solution does not work for you, please open a new bug report.