Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 191628
Review Request: perl-Net-SNMP - Object oriented interface to SNMP
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:32 EST
The Net::SNMP module implements an object oriented interface to the
Simple Network Management Protocol. Perl applications can use the
module to retrieve or update information on a remote host using the
SNMP protocol. The module supports SNMP version-1, SNMP version-2c
(Community-Based SNMPv2), and SNMP version-3. The Net::SNMP module
assumes that the user has a basic understanding of the Simple Network
Management Protocol and related network management concepts.
Note to reviewers:
1 -This module can have extended functionality by requiring the optional modules
Crypt::Rijndael and Socket6. I have both of them packaged here http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/software/fedora/ but I am unsure of the Socket6 license and if the crypt module builds in 64bit archs.
2 - This module is needed by nagios-plugins
Just a note:
The socket6 license seems to be straight "new" BSD to me and should be
acceptable for Extras. Compare the license text in
Crypt::Rijndael builds but fails tests on x86_64. It looks to be unmaintained
in any case.
(In reply to comment #1)
> Just a note:
> The socket6 license seems to be straight "new" BSD to me and should be
> acceptable for Extras. Compare the license text in
> with http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php.
> Crypt::Rijndael builds but fails tests on x86_64. It looks to be unmaintained
> in any case.
Thanks for the license information and the building report.
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. It's not included separately in the
package, but this is not necessary as the upstream tarball does not include it.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=3, Tests=28, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.20 cusr + 0.03 csys = 0.23 CPU)
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
Thanks for the review.
Imported and built for FC-4, FC-5, and devel.