Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 192040
xorg-x11-resutils fails to build with mock
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:32 EST
Description of problem:
SRPM failed to rebuild inside of a mock chroot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. mock xorg-x11-resutils-1.0.1-1.2.src.rpm
2. wait for a while.
Not a successful rebuild
To successfully rebuild
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for TMP_XAW... configure: error: No suitable version of Xaw found
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.61101 (%build)
Created attachment 129286 [details]
mdomsch's mock buildlog
Changing state to ASSIGNED.
The resutils spec file contains the following for a long time now:
# FIXME: appres has 'x11 xt' as a dependency check, which fails. While it
# does not check for Xdmcp, installing libXdmcp-devel resolves the problem.
# This implies that one of the other library devel packages should probably
# have a Requires: libXdmcp-devel instead, but it isn't completely clear
# what the best solution is yet, so I'm putting this here.
Both pkgconfig and libXaw-devel are listed there. However, I just tried
to build the package in brew, and the package fails to build the same
way as reported above. Examination of the build logs shows that mock in
fact did not install libXaw-devel, even though the rpm package states
that it is a dependency.
This appears to be a bug in mock.
I seem to have misread brew's build logs. It turns out that libXaw is
getting installed afterall. It appears that the ./configure test for
XAW is somehow not working in rawhide, but works fine in FC4 and FC1.
Presumeably this is breakage local to rawhide.
I totally can't reproduce this on my local test build systems whatsoever,
however it is completely reproduceable in our brew buildsystem. It
was believed initially to be caused by libXaw not requiring "ed" at
build time, which caused libXaw to be built with incorrect soname,
but that has been fixed now aparently, and this problem still occurs.
There are more critical bugs to be working on currently, so I'm leaving
this one for now, however in the mean time, if anyone feels up to the
task of figuring out WTF is happening inside brew/mock, feel free to
Otherwise, we'll eventually get around to it...
You need to add a BuildRequires: libXpm-devel
Created attachment 131382 [details]
The configure log is from editres
Thanks again Michael. I've fixed the issue by updating the libXpm package
with a "Requires: libXpm-devel" in its devel subpackage, and rebuilding
Should be fixed now in rawhide.