Created attachment 1757739 [details]
filter dropdown item checkbox
Description of problem:
We use checkbox for filter dropdown item and resource list dropdown item, but it doesn't support multi selection, in this way we have to repeat click & choose steps multiple times if we want to select multiple status and resources
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Goes to Events or Search page, click 'Resource' dropdown
2. Goes to Workloads -> Pods page, click 'Filter' dropdown
1. in the dropdown list, we use checkbox to select resources, but it doesn't allow multiple selection, we have to repeat the operation if we want to select more than one resource
2. in the Filters dropdown, we can choose only one status one time, if we want to select multiple status we have to choose multiple times
I took a look at this last bug bash Monday. I replaced the dropdown in the filter toolbar with a select from PatternFly. Something in console is capturing the click event that triggers the checkboxes in the Select. It works perfectly with keyboard controls. This needs more investigation; it's not just a straight replacement.
Haven't had time to circle back to this due to higher priority bugs in my queue.
Now the second issue(2. Goes to Workloads -> Pods page, click 'Filter' dropdown) is resolved with the fix PR, however on 'Search' and 'Events' page, still only one resource can be selected one time
Moving back for confirmation
1. Goes to Events or Search page, click 'Resource' dropdown, multiple resources can be selected, filter will be closed once user click the filter or click outside of filter
2. Goes to Workloads -> Pods, Compute -> Nodes page, click 'Filter' dropdown, multiple resources can be selected, filter will be closed once user click the filter or click outside of filter
Verified on 4.8.0-0.nightly-2021-05-15-141455
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.2 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.