Description of problem:
Two situations will prevent a VM cloned from another VM(HPP) cannot be started at all, it stucks at starting state.
1. the original VM is never started before, the PVC for the VM is in pending and not bounded.
2. the original VM is running before the cloned VM starts.
Only happens with storageClass HPP, not OCS.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
CNV 2.6/CNV 2.7
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a VM 'A with storage class HPP, uncheck "Start on creation"
2. clone a VM 'B' from VM 'A'
3. start VM 'B' / start VM 'A' and then start VM 'B'
VM 'B‘ is never becoming running, stucks in starting state.
VM 'B' can become running as this is normal flow.
The root cause is the datavolume clone is never run, no clue in import pod logs at all.
This should be a storage issue, report it in console kubevirt for a review firstly because the flow is quite normal.
1. created a HPP VM, it could run well.
2. after sometime cloned a new VM from it
3. try to start both VMs
only the firstly VM can be started, the cloned VM is stucking at 'starting' and no useful logs/informations at all.
set as duplicate of BZ#1924728 because the root of this problem is the fact that the user can't see the problem and need to look into events and logs to understand what happen
we can also open a bug on storage to fix the specific issue here
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1924728 ***