Description of problem:
/var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy is not used only for host deployment, but also for other tasks like checking whether there are any updates available for the hypervisors. These operations are very frequent and cause the directory to grow extensively.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Check the directory size weekly
In bigger environment 100+ hosts the directory can grow over 500MB weekly and generate over 500 files weekly. This also causes an issue when collecting data via log collecter as the entire directory is included in the log collector.
A retention policy is implemented.
The documentation text flag should only be set after 'doc text' field is provided. Please provide the documentation text and set the flag to '?' again.
Asking for an exception for 4.4.7 release, because currently logrotate don't remove log files with timestamp in their names, so disk space on oVirt engine can be exhausted soon on large scale setups.
Logs are rotated as follows:
- host deploy, enroll certificates, host upgrade, ova, brick setup and db-manual logs are rotated monthly, and one archived file is kept.
- check for updates is rotated daily, and one archived file is kept.
Compressed files are removed as follows:
- host deploy, enroll certificates, host upgrade and ova logs are removed 30 days from when their metadata was changed.
- check for updates is removed one day from its creation time.
- brick setup log is removed 30 days from its creation time
verified during week on 1 environment
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (RHV Manager (ovirt-engine) [ovirt-4.4.8]), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.