Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 194559
Review Request: perl-Event
Last modified: 2009-12-01 13:29:03 EST
Spec URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-Event.spec
SRPM URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-Event-1.06-0.fc5.src.rpm
The Event module provide a central facility to watch for various types of
events and invoke a callback when these events occur. The idea is to delay the
handling of events so that they may be dispatched in priority order when it is
safe for callbacks to execute.
Let's try this again...
It's best to start Release: at one once you get into the repository.
No need to say "Event" twice in the Summary.
We usually state the license as "GPL or Artistic".
No need to BR: perl.
/usr/bin/iconv is part of glibc so it's safe to leave it out. Similarly,
ExtUtils::MakeMaker is in the base perl package. Technically you don't need any
BR:s at all for this package.
There's no real need to generate the licenses, but it doesn't hurt at all.
The package builds fine on x86_64, development. rpmlint has this to say:
W: perl-Event devel-file-in-non-devel-package
We generally accept these in Perl packages. (It's a perl-internal header and it
would be foolish to put one file with no dependencies in a -devel subpackage.)
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
O specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently
(see summary issue above)
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text included in package.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
O BuildRequires are proper (technically none are required).
* package builds in mock (x86_64, development).
* rpmlint has only ignorable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl-Event = 1.06-0.fc6
perl >= 1:5.6.0
* shared libraries are present, but internal to Perl.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=24, Tests=126, 13 wallclock secs ( 2.87 cusr + 0.56 csys = 3.43 CPU)
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers (except those internal to Perl)
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
APPROVED; please fix up the summary. If you wish, fix up the BR:s and the License:.
Thanks! Summary fixed up in CVS, ditto to License.
Built for FC-, devel.
Package Change Request
Package Name: perl-Event
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5
I mailed the perl-Event owner 4 and 9 days ago to check if I could take
this to which no response and in an earlier mail he mentioned to be
stepping away from EPEL anyway.
perl-Event-1.13-1.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
perl-Event-1.13-1.el4 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 4.
perl-Event-1.13-1.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
perl-Event-1.13-1.el4 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 4 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.