Description of problem:
As described in https://github.com/openshift/enhancements/pull/706 (and its implementation in https://github.com/openshift/api/pull/864), we want to allow users to configure custom tags that should be applied to a newly created AWS EBS volume.
Since in-tree volume plugin is deprecated and required changes would be too large, we decided to update only the CSI driver.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. edit Infrastructure CR and set Infrastructure.Status.PlatformStatus.AWS.ResourceTags:
- key: foo
- key: baz
(note: oc edit does not allow to edit status subresource!)
2. create a new PVC + Pod using the AWS EBS CSI driver
Newly provisioned EBS volume has required tags. Already existing volumes are not affected!
Verified with: 4.8.0-0.nightly-2021-05-06-210840
Setting user tags like:
$ oc get infrastructures.config.openshift.io cluster -ojson|jq .status.platformStatus.aws.resourceTags
1. Created PVC + Pod, checked from the aws web console, ebs volume has these tags.
2. Created a volumesnapshot, checked from the aws web console, snapshot has these tags too.
3. Enabled CSI migration, created PVC + Pod, checked from the aws web console, ebs volume has these tags.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.2 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.