Needs further review to determine how to move forward.
Verified failed on 4.10.0-0.nightly-2021-10-19-150011 which include the fix.
1. Prepare install-config.yaml file and set wrong network name
2. Run openshift-installer create cluster
3. Expected error in PR is not present instead openshift-installer exit when running terraform vsphereerror is reported in terraform vsphere provider as below:
time="2021-10-20T10:16:49Z" level=error msg="Error: error fetching network: network 'VM Network 1' not found"
Checked with Aditya, issue will be fixed in new PR #5317, so move bug back to ASSIGNED to get new PR merged.
Verified failed on registry.ci.openshift.org/ocp/release:4.10.0-0.nightly-2021-10-27-230233.
It works on IPI, but block UPI installation with below error due to not set network option in install-config.yaml, since network option is not required on UPI per official doc and upstream doc .
10-28 13:31:11.013 [INFO] Generating manifests files.....
10-28 13:31:12.910 level=fatal msg=failed to fetch Master Machines: failed to load asset "Install Config": platform.vsphere.network: Invalid value: "": unable to find network provided
install-config.yaml file for UPI is:
- architecture: amd64
- cidr: 10.128.0.0/14
Verified on 4.10.0-0.nightly-2021-11-14-184249 and passed
1. UPI installation is finished without error
2. set invalid network in install-config.yaml file, and run "./openshift-install create manifests --dir ipi", got the expected error.
$ ./openshift-install create manifests --dir ipi
FATAL failed to fetch Master Machines: failed to load asset "Install Config": platform.vsphere.network: Invalid value: "qe-segment1": unable to find network provided
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.3 security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.