Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 195799
RFE: Please update squashfs-tools to 3.0 release
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:35 EST
On 15th March 2006 squashfs-tools 3.0 was released.
Changes in 3.0 version:
1. Filesystems are no longer limited to 4 GB. In theory 2^64 or 4 exabytes is
2. Files are no longer limited to 4 GB. In theory the maximum file size is 4
3. Metadata (inode table and directory tables) are no longer restricted to 16
4. Hardlinks are now suppported.
5. Nlink counts are now supported.
6. Readdir now returns '.' and '..' entries.
7. Special support for files larger than 256 MB has been added to the Squashfs
kernel code for faster read access.
8. Inode numbers are now stored within the inode rather than being computed from
inode location on disk (this is not so much an improvement, but a change forced
by the previously listed improvements).
There is a new Unsquashfs utility (in squashfs-tools) than can be used to
decompress a filesystem without mounting it.
Probably worth updating. I'll try to look later this week
* Fri Jun 23 2006 Jeremy Katz <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 3.0-1
- update to 3.0