Created attachment 1781669 [details]
F34 dmesg from first boot after installation
1. Please describe the problem:
The display goes blank after panfrost/rockchipdrm module is loaded. This happens on all F34 DVD ISO images (Workstation and KDE).
2. What is the Version-Release number of the kernel:
3. Did it work previously in Fedora? If so, what kernel version did the issue
*first* appear? Old kernels are available for download at
Unknown. These are the F34 GA DVD ISO images.
4. Can you reproduce this issue? If so, please provide the steps to reproduce
the issue below:
Write one of the images below on a USB stick and boot Pinebook Pro from it:
sudo dd if=./Fedora-KDE-Live-aarch64-34-1.2.iso status=progress bs=1M of=/dev/sde
Flash U-Boot to SPI (https://nullr0ute.com/2021/05/fedora-on-the-pinebook-pro/), reboot and boot from USB at U-Boot prompt:
=> run bootcmd_usb0
After booting the kernel, some of the messages scroll quickly at the top of the screen and then it goes blank. I only get output on the serial console.
5. Does this problem occur with the latest Rawhide kernel? To install the
Rawhide kernel, run ``sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide`` followed by
``sudo dnf update --enablerepo=rawhide kernel``:
Unknown, I haven't tried yet.
6. Are you running any modules that not shipped with directly Fedora's kernel?:
7. Please attach the kernel logs. You can get the complete kernel log
for a boot with ``journalctl --no-hostname -k > dmesg.txt``. If the
issue occurred on a previous boot, use the journalctl ``-b`` flag.
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-rockchip/2020-September/022453.html seems to be related.
FYI this is fixed by 5.12.5 that just hit updates-testing.