Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 196190
gnupg2: CVE-2006-3082 gnupg integer overflow
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:35 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #195946 +++
gnupg integer overflow
Text taken from MITRE:
parse-packet.c in GnuPG (gpg) 1.4.3 and 1.9.20 allows remote attackers
to cause a denial of service (gpg crash) and possibly overwrite memory
via a message packet with a large length, which could lead to an
integer overflow, as demonstrated using the --no-armor option.
This issue also affects FC4
Next gnupg2 build will omit the gpg2 binary, because
* has security issue (CVE-2006-3082)... duh.
* as of the latest version, 1.9.21, it doesn't build
* upstream devs say "You shall not build the gpg part. There is a reason why it
is not enabled by default"
* Thu Jun 22 2006 Rex Dieter <rexdieter[AT]users.sf.net> 1.9.21-1
- omit gpg2 binary to address CVS-2006-3082 (#196190)