Description of problem:
foreman-maintain tool can easily generate a lot of logs (i.e. when used as a services check tool every few minutes). Default Satellite deployment should housekeep those logs automatically, similarly like e.g. /var/log/foreman or /var/log/foreman-proxy .
Please provide in part of foreman-maintain package a file like (copy from foreman logs):
# cat /etc/logrotate.d/foreman-maintain
# Foreman-maintain logs:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Repeatedly run "foreman-maintain service status" or any other f-m command
2. Check that the /var/log/foreman-maintain/foreman-maintain.log* logs are never logrotated / housekept.
2. No logrotation.
2. Some reasonable logrotation (not necessarily the one I suggested).
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/33193 has been resolved.
Tested on Satellite 6.10.0 Snap 16.0
1. # rpm -qc rubygem-foreman_maintain
2. # cat /etc/logrotate.d/foreman_maintain
3. # ll -h /var/log/foreman-maintain/
Logs under /var/log/foreman-maintain/*.log are being rotated `daily` and has same logrotate config as /var/log/foreman and /var/log/foreman-tasks.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Satellite 6.10 Satellite Maintenance Release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.