Spec URL: http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/chess.spec
SRPM URL: http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/chess-1.0-1.src.rpm
Beautifull 3D rendered chess game using Ogre. Notice that this needs a
powerful 3D card to be playable on a radeon 92xx or intel 9xx integrated
graphics this is not playable!
what exactly is required? hw accelerated shaders?
I don't know, something that my radeon 9250 and an intel 945 both lack.
i will take a deeper look on the weekend. a 3d chess game is very nice to have
:) i also saw that you submitted ogre. i was also working on it with wart. but
your package is quite nice. i had a fix for the rpath problem (hack :) ) but the
other fix is indeed nice if it makes the chess game work. nice stuff!
This ran fine for me on FC4-x86_64 with a NVidia 6800 and the binary NVidia
drivers. Average of ~53 fps.
* Source matches upstream, with the noted exception that the
copyrighted ttf file has been removed.
* Package and spec named appropriately
* GPL license ok, license file included
* .desktop file installed correctly
* icon cache updated properly
* RPM_BUILD_ROOT cleaned where it ought to be
* Owns directories that it creates
* Does not own directories that it should not
* Builds in mock on FC5-i386, FC5-x86_64
* No need for -devel or -doc subpackages
* No locales
* Not relocatable
* No duplicate %files
* Use 'convert -transparent black ...' to make the desktop icon background
(In reply to comment #4)
> * Use 'convert -transparent black ...' to make the desktop icon background
Good idea, but it cannnot be done (atleast not that way) I created (gimped) the
icon from a screen shot and that black is far from black, also its not one color
and it contains a reflection of the chess piece.
Thanks a million for this and the other reviews!
Imported & build, closing.