Created attachment 1789611 [details]
screen capture - bug__managed_by.mov
Description of problem:
“managed by” links to the incorrect URL while the ownerRef links to the correct CSV.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install Strimzi Operator (pick a project, e.g. "default")
2. goes to “Service Accounts” list page in the same project Strimzi Operator is installed (e.g. project "default") and found "strimzi-cluster-operator" ServiceAccount object owned by Strimzi CSV
3. on the ServiceAccount details page, see “managed by” link on the header and “owner ref” link in the bottom
4. click on the “managed by” link --> check URL, and then go back to ServiceAccount details page
5. click on ownerRef link --> check URL
above step 4:
4. the “managed by” link goes to an incorrect URL (mixed with openshift-gitops-operator.v1.1.1 in URL):
above step 5:
5. “owner ref” link in the bottom goes to the correct URL:
"Managed by" link URL shouldn't mix with "openshift-gitops-operator.v1.1.1"
See screen capture for details repro steps + issue.
Came in late in the sprint, will address next sprint.
This bug has been fixed and verified on build 4.9.0-0.nightly-2021-07-10-081034
1. Login OCP as administrator, navigate to Operators -> OperatorHub page
2. Install Strimzi Operator on default project, waiting for operator successfully installed
2. Goes to “Service Accounts” list page, and use default project, search and found "strimzi-cluster-operator" ServiceAccount object owned by Strimzi CSV
3. On the ServiceAccount details page, see “managed by” link on the header and “owner ref” link in the bottom
4. Check and save the URL for the link of "Managed by", which on the right side of the label of "CSV" under the name of the service account
5. Check and save the URL for the parameter of "Owner" on the ServiceAccount details page
6. Verify if Step 4 and 5 has same URL, and the content "openshift-gitops-operator.v1.1.1" is not include in it.
6. Step 4 and 5 has same URL which is point to the Detail page of Strimzi operator. The extra content "openshift-gitops-operator.v1.1.1" has been removed from ""Managed by" link.
URL is shown as below:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.9.0 bug fix and security update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.