Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 197124
Hermes: broken upgrade paths
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:36 EST
Hermes' upgrade paths are broken:
4: 0:1.3.3-9.fc4 (FE4)
5: 0:1.3.3-7 (FE5)
6: 0:1.3.3-7 (FE6)
pushed a .10 release for fe5 and fe6
actually, they just don't even build. the packages should be removed.
Reopening, you say the package didn't build and should be removed, but as is
they are not removed and thus the broken upgrade paths are still there.
Also in bug 184109 you write that Hermes is orphaned, but you didn't change
owners.list to reflect that. Is Hermes orphaned? I've just submitted a package
(CLanLib06) for review which needs Hermes (and seems to work fine with the
current versions in FE) so if its orphaned I would like to pick it up as I need it.
it's yours for the taking
I've been working hard on a new release 1.3.3-11 which should show up on a
mirror near you soon, with the following changes:
* Sun Jul 23 2006 Hans de Goede <firstname.lastname@example.org> 1.3.3-11
- Taking over as new maintainer
- Add a patch from Debian fixing some 64 bit issues and more importantly
fix building with a recent toolchain.
- Fix some further 64 bit issues
- Remove static lib
- Add --disable-dependency-tracking, touch config.h.in to fix the timestamp
instead of BR: automake, autoconf
- Mark asm files as NOT needing execstack, making us OK with new default
SELinux targeted policy settings.
Which should really fix the problem reported in this bug, so I'm leaving it closed.