Bug 197642 - user interface couldn't change to other language
user interface couldn't change to other language
Status: CLOSED INSUFFICIENT_DATA
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Classification: Red Hat
Component: seamonkey (Show other bugs)
4.0
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Gecko Maintainer
Ben Levenson
massRequestForReproduction
: Desktop, Regression
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-07-05 04:09 EDT by Xiaohong Wang
Modified: 2008-08-02 19:40 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-06-12 02:44:29 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Xiaohong Wang 2006-07-05 04:09:44 EDT
Description of problem:
change language and content packs, but user interface couldn't change to
selected languages even after uninstalling English

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
seamonkey-1.0.1-0.1.3.EL4.i386

How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. select 'Preferences...' from the Edit menu, in the preferences window, expand
the 'Appearance' category and open the 'Languages/Content' panel
2. click 'Download More...' and on pop up web page
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/#|10n) and click
'installable language pack' link after a language such as 'French'
3. on pop up dialog click 'Install' and 'OK' (it prompt 'Download and install
French SeaMonkey Language Pack    Success)
5. re-open 'Languages/Content' panel by click Edit menu -> Preferences... ->
Appearance -> Languages/Content
6. select the new installed language and content packs and click 'OK'
7. close all SeaMonkey windows
8. start SeaMonkey again
  
Actual results:
user interface is still English

Expected results:
after SeaMonkey is started again, the user interface should be in your favourite
language

Additional info:
Comment 1 Martin Stransky 2006-11-29 05:57:06 EST
I can reproduce it on RHEL-4/FC-5.
Comment 2 Martin Stransky 2006-11-29 07:24:39 EST
Is your $LANG set properly? For instance LANG=cs_CZ.UTF-8 for Czech.
Comment 3 Matěj Cepl 2007-06-28 11:10:12 EDT
Martin, I have locale cs_CZ.UTF-8 and I can very well reproduce it. When I go
back to the Appearance/Language settings, English environment is always
selected, although I have selected the Czech before restarting mozilla.

Also, does it matter whether I have installed language pack into profile or into
chrome (I did former)?
Comment 4 Matěj Cepl 2008-02-08 15:42:12 EST
Since this bugzilla report was filed, we have seriously upgraded Gecko-related
packages, which may have resolved this issue. Users who have experienced this
problem are encouraged to upgrade their system to the latest version of their
distribution available.

Please, confirm to us that this bug is reproducible on the latest upgrade of the
supported distribution (that's RHEL, or Fedora 7, 8, and Rawhide).

Setting the bug to NEEDINFO. If I won't get confirmation of reproducability in
30 days, the bug will be closed as INSUFFICIENT_DATA.

[This is mass-changing of bugs which seem to be too old and irrelevant anymore;
we are sorry, if this bug should not be incldued.]
Comment 5 Matěj Cepl 2008-04-09 09:44:04 EDT
Reporter, could you please reply to the previous question? If you won't reply in
one month, I will have to close this bug as INSUFFICIENT_DATA. Thank you.
Comment 6 Matěj Cepl 2008-06-12 02:44:29 EDT
Since there are insufficient details provided in this report for us to
investigate the issue further, and we have not received feedback to the
information we have requested above, we will assume the problem was not
reproducible, or has been fixed in one of the updates we have released for the
reporter's distribution.

Users who have experienced this problem are encouraged to upgrade to the latest
update of their distribution, and if this issue turns out to still be
reproducible in the latest update, please reopen this bug with additional
information.

Closing as INSUFFICIENT_DATA.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.