Created attachment 131993 [details]
The crash dump
Description of problem:
Exception occurred when trying to save changes made in system-config-network
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start system-config-network
2. Change something
Exception occurred and a crash dump
That the changes would be saved.
System-config-network worked earlier, but has now stopped working. I changed
eth0 to eth1(nVidia...) and eth1 to eth0(Marvell...) saved and planned to push
"shut down" and choose reboot. Accidently I pushed "suspend" instead. The screen
went black and did not react on the keyboard or the mouse. I turned the computer
off and rebooted. Now the network connection was gone and the files
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and /eth/hosts were corrupt. They
contained mainly a lot of strange symbols. System-config-network could not save
and could open the devices to do any changes but it was possible to see that it
now said that eth0 was eth0(nVidia...) and eth1 was eth1(Marvell...). After
editing the corrupted files manually the network connection is working again,
but system-config-network crashes when saving and asks for a bug report.
Could there be more corrupt files that causes system-config-network to behave
like this? After my manual editing it is at least possible to open the devices
for editing, so corrupt files seem to be a problem for system-config-network.
errr.. please check /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
Created attachment 137526 [details]
The file /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
Here is the file /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
Created attachment 137527 [details]
The file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
Here is the file etc/ppp/pap-secrets
hmm... cannot read them..
I think they are broken... you may remove them, if you have no data
(whatformatever) in them
Created attachment 137543 [details]
The new chap-secrets file.
I removed chap-secrets and pap-secrets, and now system-config-network can save
changes again. The two new files that were created when I tried saving look
like the one I have attached, and they are readable. The main problem seem to
solved - I just have to avoid pushing "suspend" in the future, since it appears
to be dangerous... Thank you for finding the corrupt files!