Description of problem:
Content host registration using command generated from global registration form fails if activation key name contains ' (single quote) in it.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Satellite 6.10.0 snap 7
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create activation key with name containing '(single quote) e.g ak ' rhel
2. Go to Hosts > All Hosts > click on Register Host
3. Use activation key created to generate host registration command.
4. Use generated command to register content host with satellite.
# Running registration
bash: line 206: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash: line 211: syntax error: unexpected end of file
- As it's activation key name is valid, host registration using generated
command should work.
- I have only tried this with activation key but this could be issue with other fields in the form as well.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/33033 from this bug
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (Moderate: Satellite 6.10 Release), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.