Verified in build: 4.8.0-0.nightly-2021-07-26-182557
1. Go to the OpenShift release nightly build page for the nightly build, click "Download the installer," and then click "release.txt."
2. Search for "driver-toolkit" and pull the corresponding image to your dev machine with the command:
podman pull --authfile /path/to/pullsecret <openshift_release_repo>/<corresponding_image_to_your_dev_machine>
3. Enter the following command from the terminal:
podman run <image_from_previous_step> cat /tmp/kernel_info | grep -Eo "gcc version ([0-9\.]+)" | grep -Eo "([0-9\.]+)"
4. Enter the following command from the terminal:
podman run <image_from_previous_step> dnf list installed | grep gcc
5. Ensure that the output from step 3 matches the installed version of gcc from step 4
Output for step #3:
Output for step #4:
gcc.x86_64 8.4.1-1.el8 @rhel-8-appstream-rpms-x86_64
libgcc.x86_64 8.4.1-1.el8 @System
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory (OpenShift Container Platform 4.8.3 bug fix update), and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.