Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 198066
Open Office Base crashed
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:36 EST
Description of problem:
While working with openoffice-base a crash was experienced. I created a table,
summation query and form based on the table as form and the summation query as a
The error occurred when I tried to enter new data into the table via the form.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Create database with one table, one query to add up sums and a form with the
table as the main form and the sum query as the subform.
Steps to Reproduce:
2.add new record to table via the created form
3.see OOo crash, include with bug report
Crashed and brought up window with error related information to add to report
Being able to add a new record to the database via created form.
I have created a lot of databases using Access since 1997 and note that
openoffice-base is fairly primitive. I am glad though that there is an
alternative database where a user can create personal databases for usage in a
Major features lacking are no ability or obvious way to format query results to
display in currency, percentage and other aspects.
Attached is the dumped file pasted into gedit.
Created attachment 132117 [details]
messages openoffice seems are helpful
After recovering from the crash, the query was gone, the form was gone. Also,
the cell formatting for currency, percentage and date were all missing.
I experienced another crash under different circumstances. I added conditions
for the subform to link to the main form. SQL werrors experienced with this problem.
Created attachment 132119 [details]
added link from master form to subform
errors when loading form. Second crash of forms
Created attachment 132121 [details]
what is being created
This is an odt file to show the form and subform created
Can you give me a step by step process to get your crash ?
create table with several field in them. ID and institute as text.
Create fields as type real number.
Create filters for real number fields as currency and one as percentage.
create query for balance and monthly payments as SUM function.
Use wizard to create form based on table (select all fields for form) and add a
subform by selecting the query. (select all fields for form.)
Choose columnar labels-left for the main form and columnar labels-left for the
Open form and go to last record, try to enter data in the form. The form crashed
with the first exception.
On the second crash, I chose to link the main form balance to the subform
balance summary. I ended up having an additional error followed by the second
When I created the first form as a datasheet and the summary query as columnar
labels-left, the form works other than not maintaining the currency and
percentage formatting that I desired. If I recall, the columnar labels left form
maintained proper cell formatting. Entering data was the drawback.
Can you give this a go for me, setup in oobase the situation before it would
crash, and then do a"SHUTDOWN COMPACT" in the Tools/SQL window and attach the
saved .odb here.
I tried to recreate the crash with the present development versions and
everything is working now. I did try the SHUTDOWN COMPACT as described and had a
successful prompt returned.
The bug seems to not be present any longer with forms of different views nor
losing formatting for currency, date or percentage.
The only actions that I took to differentiate the system was to remove stray
#prelink# files and allow prelink to complete its run on the system.
I like that the crash is gone. I just feel like time was consumed on a bug which
seemed to stop happening mysteriously.
The database is working with both data form and columnar now. Should I close
That is very strange, there may have been something that changed in gcj/gcc or
perhaps there was something to the prelink stuff.
Yeah, feel free to close it if you cannot reproduce anymore, and feel equally
free to reopen if it returns
We'll close it for now, and reopen if it returns
If it resurfaces, I will re-open the report. I'm glad that it started working,
prelink or improvements to the libraries. I'll take either.