Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 198103
Problems with various Find macros
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:37 EST
Description of problem:
- FindSWIG doesn't find /usr/bin/swig (there is no /usr/bin/swig-1.3)
- FindRuby doesn't work on x86_64 (fails to check /usr/lib64/ )
- Missing FindXXX macros for languages available in extras:
FindLua, FindCsharp, FindGuile, FindOCAML
- Inconsistent naming:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. (noted while trying to use cmake for graphviz)
- FindXXX macros should be available for all languages in Fedora core and
extras, and particularly those languages supported by swig.
- FindXXX macros should have a consistent API: all setting XXX_FOUND, and all
setting include and library paths in a consistent way.
Encountered while trying to use cmake for graphviz.
- FindSWIG reported upstream
- FindRuby is essentially the same issue. Needs to look for libruby.so rather
than libruby1.8.so. cmake automatically looks in lib64 when lib is in the path
- Please file requests for more Find macros upstream (although it looks like
some already have been), or if you know of a collection of Find* macros that we
should provide as well give me a url.
I've just built cmake-2.4.2-2.fc6 which has patches for FindRuby and FindSWIG.
Let me know if that fixes it for you.
Closing due to no response.