Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 198135
Evolution junks mail even with junk disabled
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:37 EST
Description of problem:
Evolution is still putting my mail into it's own Junk folder even when Junk
controls have been disabled.
I use imap for my email.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Seems to happen quite often
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Check that "check new messages for Junk contents" is disabled in mail account
2. Check that mail preferences/junk "check incoming mail for junk" is disabled.
3. Check evolution junk folder periodically
Mail appears in evolution junk folder
Junk folder is empty, or not even there
Why is the evolution junk folder there when junk controls are disabled? I
already have junk folder in my mail accounts.
Apologies for taking so long to respond.
1) Is this problem still present in Fedora Core 6?
2) If so, have you tried disabling the "Spamassassin junk plugin" under Edit ->
Plugins? Granted, the settings you've disabled already ought to be enough to
stop the junk filtering. But this may help narrow down whether Evolution
itself is being overzealous about filtering junk mails.
It appears to be working fine now, even with the spamassasin plugin enabled.
Thanks for responding. Closing as CURRENTRELEASE. Feel free to reopen this bug
if you encounter the same problem in Fedora Core 6 or later.