Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 198586
Review Request: ip6sic - IPv6 Stack Integrity Checker
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:37 EST
Spec URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/ip6sic/ip6sic.spec
SRPM URL: http://wilsonet.com/packages/ip6sic/ip6sic-0.1-1.fc6.src.rpm
ip6sic is a tool for stress testing an IPv6 stack
implementation. It works in a way much similar to isic
which lives at http://www.packetfactory.net/Projects/ISIC/.
It was developed mainly on FreeBSD and is known to work on
OpenBSD and Linux. Theoretically, it should work wherever
My only concern is the description; I'm not sure it's really relevant to mention
that the source will compile on OpenBSD, or to mention the isic URL when isic is
already in extras.
I'll leave it to you to decide what you want to do.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
ip6sic = 0.1-1.fc6
libdnet >= 1.1.0
libpcap >= 0.4
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
* no shared libraries are present.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
The description was basically a simple copy-n-paste off the project page, but
yeah, I suppose we don't really give a rip that it builds on OpenBSD. I'm
importing a -2 revision with a sanitized description. Building for devel as I
type, branching for FC5 requested.
Built for FC5, closing ticket.
(In reply to comment #3)
> Built for FC5, closing ticket.
Please do not remove the FE-ACCEPT blocker. Thanks.